The seeds of Pumpkin are a good valuable source of many vitamins and minerals that promise us good health. Pumpkin seeds and pepitas are the same thing. Pepitas are seeds from the pumpkin but without the shells.
Pumpkin seeds are rich with unsaturated fats. Pumpkin seed oil (PSO) has many scientifically-proven health advantages such as lowering blood pressure, preventing heart diseases, improving bladder health and, also it could be a very useful hair loss.
On the other hand, pepitas are rich in antioxidants that help to boost your body’s defense system against infection, diseases, and the effects of oxidative stress.
10 Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds and Seeds Oil
- Contain antioxidants that are good for your heart.
- Contain omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Research has found that ALA is beneficial to protect against various cardiovascular diseases.
- Contain high levels of antioxidants that can help to prevent cancer.
- Improve sleeping.
- Could help prevent enlarged prostate conditions in men.
- Prevent eye problems because pepitas contain compounds that are good for your vision.
- Help rid your body of tapeworms and other intestinal parasites.
- Weight loss? There are no studies related to this, but the fact that pumpkin seeds are a tasty and healthy snack can prevent you from snacking on unhealthy chips.
- Eating shelled pumpkin seeds or raw pumpkin seeds can help to lower blood glucose levels, which are directly connected to diabetes.
Note: You should be careful of eating salted roasted pumpkin seeds as they may increase sodium levels in your body.
Also, some people do report allergic reactions from eating pumpkin seeds. These side effects of pepitas can include asthma and itching or swelling of the mouth.