There is something more than just water inside the watermelon. Did you know that watermelon has the most nutrition per calorie?
Why Watermelon is good for you?
Besides looking good outside, it tastes great. Watermelon is an incredible source of Vitamin C. Additionally, watermelon is the richest source of L-citrulline. It’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, potassium, and vitamins A, B6. All these nutrients work together to strengthen the immune system and help with diabetes, asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
8 Benefits of Eating Watermelon
- Watermelon protects against prostate cancer due to its high antioxidant content
- Its seeds can get rid of kidney stones. Just rush up a tablespoon of watermelon seeds, add them to a cup and pour boiling water over them. Allow to steep and enjoy.
- Eating watermelon daily can reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation due to a beneficial amino acid – L-citrulline
- Watermelon prevents heart disease. Since watermelons are high in vitamin C, they are able to prevent the hardening of the arteries
- Eating watermelon clears your liver and detoxifies the body.
- Watermelon’s high water and fiber content which makes it effective for constipation.
- Watermelon kills bad bacteria and cleanses your kidneys of toxins
- Watermelons relieve pain and muscle soreness since they are high in potassium and magnesium. These two nutrients are vital for muscle recovery and pain relief.
So you should eat watermelon as often as you can!