A plant, which has got many names as Cilantro, Chinese parsley or coriander, is often used in Mexican and Asian cuisine and offers a lot of health benefits.
It is a super plant that can help prevent many diseases. First of all can reduce blood pressure, improve digestion and prevent inflammation. Also, it has strong antibacterial properties, especially when it is in the form of oil. Due to people make a coriander oil is obtained from the seed of this plant.
This plant (Coriandrum sativum) has long been used in traditional medicine and originates from the Mediterranean area. It is rich in various nutritional ingredients and has excellent analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant effects.
The main ingredients of Cilantro are cineole, tannins, linoleic acid, potassium, phosphorus, and also abundant with vitamins A, E, K and C.
One tablespoon (5g) Cilantro seeds (Coriandrum sativum) contains:
- Calories 14.9
- Sodium 1.8mg
- Potassium 63.4mg
- Carbohydrates 2.7g
- Fiber 2.1g
- Protein 0.6g
- Vitamin C 1.1mg
- Calcium 35.5mg
- Iron 0.8mg
- Magnesium 16.5mg
- Phosphorus 20.5 mg
- Selenium 1.3μg
- Manganese 0.1mg
- Niacin 0.1mg
Some of the health benefits are:
- It can help prevent many serious diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis, as it has super-anti-inflammatory properties.
- In the form of extracts, this plant has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help us digest food and prevent bloating and gases.
- Also, coriander oil can help to prevent skin inflammation, dermatitis, dry skin, redness, and itching.
- A lot of studies have confirmed that the smell of essential oils based on Coriander can contribute to better brain performance and memory growth. Similary, t hey also positively influence the prevention of the bad effects of stress and help to increase the number of enzymes in the brain.
- Antioxidant properties of coriander can prevent cardiovascular diseases such as arterial blocking and blood clots.
- Certainly can improve heart function by reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the blood and helps people who suffer from hypertension.
- Another benefit is that it can clean your body of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic. It also detoxifies the liver and protects it from damage.
- Also can helps in the treatment of depression and anxiety, because the extract of Cilantro has a powerful calming effect.