This drink known as Kefir is an ancient drink whose medicinal properties have been appreciated and it was used for thousands of years.
Benefits of this mythical drink
This drink is an extremely beneficial probiotic, rich in minerals, vitamins, and electrolytes. In contrast, It does not contain lactose or casein. On the other side, there is a high level of in niacin, thiamin, folates, vitamins K, C, E, A, B6, beta-carotene, Riboflavin, and pantothenic acid.
The most important is that the coconut groves the immune system and offers powerful antiviral properties. Also, it improves brain and liver health. When coconut water or milk is mixed with kefir grains to make coconut kefir, the benefits are too many.
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. Lactis
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. Cremoris
- Lactobacillus kefir (thermophilic)
- Kluyveromyces marxianus
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. Cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. Diacetylactis
Health benefits are too many on the list:
- First of all improve heart health by lowering high blood pressure, and prevention of irregular heartbeat, blood clots, and heart attack.
- Another benefit is that protects against food-borne pathogens with the seven different strains of probiotic bacteria and yeast it contains
- Also can controls opportunistic yeast growth, like Candida.
- Similarly, it treats cancer and prevents the spread of cancerous cells.
- Probably 60% can strengthen the immune system
- Almost can hydrates the body
- Energizes the body
- Helps digestion
- Soothes PMS symptoms
- Maybe 50% can improve eyesight
- Suppresses appetite and prevents sugar cravings
- Increases the levels of chloride, potassium, and sodium in the body
- Treats allergies and asthma
You can make coconut water kefir out of kefir grains, existing kefir or a kefir starter cultur. But we recommend the first option because is the cheapest.
The way of preparation:
- 5 tablespoons of water kefir grains
- 7 cups fresh of coconut water
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Add the coconut water into a half-gallon jar together with the water kefir grains.
- Cover the jar and leave it aside for 48 hours for it to ferment.
- It will transform in a lighter color and the kefir grains will rise up to the top.
- Remove them, and you can use them again to make another batch.
Using The Drink
Certainly, you can add to your smoothies or have a tablespoon in the morning in a glass of lemon water. Even more, you can also add it to overnight oats. In contrast, if you add it to hot beverages will destroy its probiotics.
Finally, make your coconut water kefir at home and have its numerous benefits!