Varicose Veins Treatment :Natural Home Remedy You Can Try Today!
Varicose veins occur when veins in the legs become dilated, enlarged, and overfill with blood. Often a result of poor blood circulation. Some people may develop symptoms like pain, swelling, and a heavy feeling. For most people this is not the case, varicose veins are often unlikely to cause harm, most treatments are done for cosmetic concerns on the side of the patient.
In this article, we will discuss what causes varicose veins, the best invasive, and non-invasive treatments, how to reduce the symptoms, and a home remedy for varicose veins.
Disclaimer: If you are experiencing symptoms of varicose veins, it is important to see a doctor. They can help you find the best treatment for your individual case.
What Causes Varicose or Spider Veins In Legs?
While varicose or spider veins are more common in women than men, they can affect anyone. They typically begin to appear later on in life due to the natural wear and tear on the veins.
There are several factors that can increase your risk for developing varicose veins, including:
- Aging: As we age veins lose elasticity and can weaken.
- Family History: There is a chance that varicose veins could be hereditary. If your parents have veins that are more visible or enlarged, you may develop them in the future.
- Obesity: Excess weight puts pressure on veins and can make them more visible.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, women may experience varicose veins due to the added pressure on the veins.
- Standing or Sitting for Prolonged Periods: When we stand or sit for long periods of time, our veins have to work harder to pump blood up to our upper body. This can cause veins in the legs to become enlarged and visible.
- Smoking: Nicotine in cigarettes can damage veins and make them more likely to form varicose veins.
- Sun Exposure: Too much sun exposure can cause the veins in our legs to become less elastic and more visible.
How To Treat Varicose Veins?
There are several treatments that can be used to treat varicose veins. Some of the most common options include:
- Compression Stockings: Wearing compression stockings can help to improve blood circulation and reduce the swelling and pain associated with varicose veins. These stockings can be worn during the day or night to reduce symptoms of varicose veins. They provide support and pressure on your veins to help keep blood flowing properly.
- Air Compression: Air compression stockings are a form of compression therapy that uses air pressure to push veins against the muscles in your legs. This helps blood flow back up to your upper body. The CINCOM Leg Massager for Circulation is a gadget with air compression technology. It features two large airbags which provide compression massage for the entire leg. With two massage modes and three intensity levels, you can find the perfect massage technique to ease the symptoms of varicose or spider veins.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is considered the best procedure to treat varicose and spider veins. It involves injecting fluids directly into affected areas, which causes scarring around these crucial supplies of blood – eventually forcing the blood flow to be rerouted through healthier ways instead while also helping close up any existing abnormal openings within those regions so new varicose veins can’t develop
- Laser Therapy: A laser is used to heat up and damage the veins, which then creates scar tissue that closes the vein causing it to disappear.
- Surgery: If other treatments do not work, surgery may be an option. This procedure is performed under anesthesia and it involves removing the veins that are causing the problems.
How To Reduce The Symptoms Of Varicose Veins?
In addition to the mentioned treatments, there are several ways that you can reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. Some of these include:
- Reduce Pressure On Your Legs: Make an effort to avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time. If you have to stand or sit, take breaks every hour to walk around or move your legs.
- Elevate Your Legs: When you are resting, try to elevate your legs above the level of your heart. This will help improve blood circulation and reduce symptoms of varicose veins.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise can help improve blood circulation and reduce symptoms associated with varicose veins. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.
- Get A Leg Massager: A leg massager can help reduce symptoms of varicose veins by increasing blood flow to your legs. You may want to try using a massage roller or ball that you hold in your hands and roll along the affected veins but the best option we’ve found is The CINCOM foot and leg massager. It has two airbags that provide a unique massage experience, to not only relieve muscle fatigue and pain but also improve circulation and reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. It has three modes and intensities to choose from, as well as two levels of heating.
- Eat A Healthy Diet: Include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet to help improve blood flow. If you are going to eat meat, make sure it is lean and avoid processed foods as much as possible. Avoid eating foods that are high in salt and sugar as they can make veins swell and become even more visible.
- Circulation Supplements: There are a number of supplements that can help improve veins and blood flow. Our recommendation is Blood Flow Care, a blood circulation supplement by the brand HerbaMe. It acts as a nitric oxide booster which reduces the symptoms of varicose veins by improving veins strength and elasticity.
- Take Medication: Talk with your doctor about medications that can be used to treat symptoms associated with varicose veins, such as pain and swelling
A Home Remedy To Get Rid Of Spider Veins In Legs Naturally
For this recipe you’ll need the following:
- 50 marigold flowers
- 100 g rosemary
- 100 g of St. John’s wort
- 100 g thyme
- 100 g nettle seed
- 1 liter of stronger brandy
Note: If you use dried herbs, you can reduce the amount by a third or half. You can buy them from the Herbal Pharmacy.
Wash all of the ingredients and finely chop them. Seal them well in a glass jar together with the brandy. Leave the jar for 15 days in the sun or a warm place, while stirring several times each day.
Drain through a strainer or gauze and store it in a glass bottle.
How to use the tincture:
Consume one tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach and at night before bedtime.
Why does it work?
This tincture provides better oxygen supply to the tissues, reduces blood viscosity, reduces the possibility of thrombus formation, acts on the resistance and elasticity of blood vessels, reduces their permeability, removes pain, and reduces swelling…
It also lowers the levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood and has a beneficial effect on liver function.
Varicose veins can be a nuisance, but there are several ways to treat them. If you are experiencing symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss the best treatment options for you. In addition, there are some things you can do at home to help reduce symptoms and improve blood circulation. Try following the tips listed in this article to get started.
Thanks for reading!
Read another blog: Varicose Veins Treatment :Natural Home Remedy You Can Try Today!
- Clinical Review: Varicose veins and their management – https://www.bmj.com/content/333/7562/287.full
- Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins – https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tn10097
- Sclerotherapy Treatment for Varicose Veins – https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/sclerotherapy/about/pac-20384592